Quick Menu


Saturday 15 September 2007

Greek Salad and Stuffed Mushrooms

I know I've posted about my Stuffed Mushrooms before but I've never posted pictures of Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. I made these for the starter for dinner last week. Portobello's are so much bigger and juicier then Swiss Browns or Buttons. This time, I stuffed the mushrooms with chopped chilli, pine nuts, breadcrumbs and garlic.

The pictures are also so much clearer thanks to my new DSLR. (I really don't know when I'll be able to stop harping on my new camera - the pictures are just sooo good! At least I think they are...)
After baking in the oven for about 20 minutes, all the flavours just combine beautifully and the mushroom gets tender and juicy,



And to complete the menu for the Dinner at Restaurant Dharm, we have the lovely wife making her signature Greek Salad. I've watched her make her salad dressing countless times but can never quite get it tasting the way she does it. She also somehow gets the right mix of greens, tomatoes, capsicum and feta cheese.

That is why, as far as possible, I leave the salads to her. Why mess around with a good thing? The salad was the perfect accompaniment to the Moussaka.

7 comments:

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Umm the mushrooms look really good. So do the pics. Nice to hear you are enjoying the DSLR!

Anonymous said...

YUM!Those look ::Billy Crystal voice:::marvelous, simply marvelous

Deborah said...

I love stuffed mushrooms, but never thought to do them with portabellos! They look great!

Peabody said...

Mmm, stuffed mushrooms. Whenever I go to a party I always hope they have them.

KJ said...

Yum, your mushrooms look delicious. I love stuffed mushrooms. And I agree your photos are lovely.

culinaryprincess said...

i tried ur recipe for stuffed mushrooms a few days ago and it turned out really well :)

Anonymous said...

The mushrooms look amazing & your photos are great. Happy New Year!