Quick Menu


Saturday 1 September 2007

Angelina's Spicy Fried Chicken


I love fried chicken and I reckon the best Fried Chicken I've ever had is the one my Mother-in-Law makes. I guess the saying is true that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree coz the Fried Chicken that my lovely wife makes is super good too.

This time, she decided to spice it up a little more that usual and to also jazz it up with some curry leaves and shallots. It's actually quite amazing how a few fried leaves and shallots can add so much flavour to a dish.

This is her recipe:

Ingredients
1 chicken
2 inches ginger
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
4 tsp Tom Yam paste
handful curry leaves
10 shallots - sliced
Salt

Method
Cut the chicken into medium sized pieces. Pound the ginger with the garlic. Combine with chilli powder, turmeric, tom yam paste and salt to taste. Marinade the chicken in this paste for about 3 hours or preferably overnight. Deep fry until well cooked.
When ready to serve, fry the shallots


and curry leaves


until crispy. Drain the oil and toss with the chicken.


3 comments:

Meeta K. Wolff said...

ummm! that looks good. Spicy chicken with style!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Don't you just love blogging!!! Your chicken looks so tasty I wish it would jump out of the screen. My dad lived in Malaysia for 4 years in his younger days.

Sara said...

I am adding this to my recipe file to try! It looks amazing.